Capacities is a woman-owned firm that designs and evaluates programs, interventions, and educational materials on health and legal topics. Our goal is to provide the capacities needed for research that will not only contribute to the scientific knowledge base, but also be translated into public benefit.
Capacities specializes in multi-method research and evaluation that is at once rigorous and creative. Areas of expertise include:
- Design and evaluation of behavioral interventions - especially those utilizing media such as video or web
- Development of qualitative and quantitative instruments
- Review protocols from the standpoint of human subjects protections, and prepare IRB submissions
- Interviews, focus groups, ethnographic studies and exhibits
- On line instruments and data collection
- Statistical analyses, including complex inferential statistics
- Developing and writing grant proposals and manuscripts
- Editing scholarly manuscripts, especially when English is not the author's first language
We hope you'll enjoy exploring these web pages to learn about our research, our products and our resources.
Please feel free to contact us. We are interested in developing new collaborations with individuals and organizations, and expanding our capacities. Also, we can help determine whether our capacities might be useful to you, your project or organization.
PO Box 737
Portland, ME 04104
voice (207) 370-8830